Ok, it worked to an extent. The build succeeded and the driver now displays
the interface in ip -a, however it works no more than that. I have passed
through the adapter and turned off sys-net. systemctl shows that the
wpa_supplicant service is running, but wpa_supplicant@wls7.service is
reported as "inactive (dead)", when I try to start the service, I get a
reported "Timed out waiting for device
sys-subsystem-net-devices-wls7.service.device"(That is more or less the
entire error) in journalctl -xe.