On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 10:12:17 PM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:

> On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 5:59:46 PM UTC-4, drogo wrote:
> > My newly built system is unable to suspend. The process starts, but
> fails and ends up with just a locked screen. This is a desktop, so there
> shouldn't be any wifi drivers causing issues. But I'm not sure if there's a
> module that might be making it resume right away.
> >
> > Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?
> >
> > HCL report is attached.
> >

> > Thank
>
> You can try to see if it suspends on the same baremetal feodora version as
> dom0 to narrow it down to a qubes or xen issue, or try newer fedora and see
> if its a kernel issue.
>
> I had similar issue with suspend ot ram,  but upon resume sys-net has no
> network.  restarting module or network connection doesnt' work.   the
> suggested fix of blacklisting network driver module for my desktop in the
> qubes file, in my case ethernet, didn't work either.

I know it's been a  while, and I'm hesitant to resurrect an old thread, but
I put this on hold for a bit. Also, this system is my daily driver, so
re-installing would be a big interruption.

I tried combing through system logs as well as running a stack trace on the
suspend command. I've also changed video cards, as I was using Nvida
before.

sleep fail in logfile = https://pastebin.com/xtC7t4GY
trace output of suspend cmd = https://pastebin.com/WpfX7JPg
new HCL = https://pastebin.com/dqtP4snc
lspci output = https://pastebin.com/PedWnPUr

I changed video cards to a Radeon HD 8570. That seems to bring new issues,
as before the system would attempt to suspend, but fail, then come back up
and be usable. Now it fails to suspend, and when it comes back up, the
display is mangled and unusable.

Do I have to do any tweaking for the video card now that I've changed?

Thanks.