On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 5:05:16 PM UTC+10, Jackie wrote:

> 'awokd' via qubes-users:
>
> > to create one manually. Pay close attention to how to identify a free
> > USB controller. Some machines only have one, in which case it is not an
> > option unless you have a PS/2 keyboard.
>
> I haven't done this but according to the docs it's possible to create
> sys-usb even if you depend on a usb keyboard to enter luks passphrase.
> See the "enable a usb keyboard for login" section of the doc page.
>

> I have done this. Namely, installed without sys-usb, and then much later
decided I need it, and went thru some steps to enable it.
I have only one USB controller and a USB keyboard and mouse and enter the
LUKS password at boot.
I did backup everything prior to doing so, but there were no drama.

What doesn't work for me is using the GUI to assign USB devices to a VM.
I have to go into dom0 and do `qvm-usb; qvm-usb attach ...`.
The GUI presents the list of USB devices, and the list of potential VMs to
attach to,
but never works to select the VM to attach to.  No error.  Silent failure.

Been meaning to open a defect for this, but it is not something I do often.