hi I have been interesting with using qubes on and off for some time now, I
am trying to learn it enough so it can become my every day os.

I have hit a wall in my upgrades of whonix WS 15 for 3 days now, i dont
want to do a wipe id like to learn how to fix things but Iv read 30
different pages on removing reinstalling updating and so on.

the problem happened when i ran the  sudo qubesctl state.sls qvm.anon-whonix

i didnt realise that it would not show a status bar and after about 3 hours
with a very bad internet connection i canceled it. now when i rerun the
command i get
 10 seceded and 3 failed the ones that failed are all WS-15s

with an error that read
Error creating vm got empty response from qubesd see journalcrtl in dom0
virtual machine does not exist
skipping due to previous failure

when i run journalctl in dom0 i only see red error labled
dom0 kernal: ipmi:dmi invalid off set 0
dom0 systemd-modules-load[221]: failed to find module 'uinput'
dom0 xenstored[2567]: TDB: tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/var/lib/xenstored/tdb: no such file
this is all i could find on that

I still have my whonix 14s iv updated them after uninstalling GW15 and
trying to reinstall WS+GW again together still same 3 set of rejections on
the ws creations

i also ran a whoxicheck in WS14 this gave me back
i get 2 errors one that debian packages cant check for software update
i run the up and get error

could not get lock /var/lib/apt/list/lock - open
unable to lock directory

my tor clock has been set right it as well with kdesudo clock

please let me know what you think i can do to update to WS 15 and make all
these error come out clean!

thank you for your time