This successfully sends the first file, but not the second, can anyone help
with this or should I be using qvm-copy?

I don't say what you should, or should not, but what I think is more
easy: recall that qvm-copy or qvm-move take certainly multiple files.
The question is more intriguing if the list of files is produced by a
find command, or a for loop in bash.
Then you don't want to click each time on the  "target qube" window that
dom0 will present. In such a case, to avoid loosing time, I would simply
write the list of all files in a small file (no newlines, just blanks)
and then use qvm-copy command on that list once. Or you through
everything in a non-comressed tar file and push that one over. Not
elegant, but fast & easy.