On Monday, 4 November 2019 18:42:26 UTC, Germann Fabio wrote:

> Hi qubes-users,
>
> Recently I tried to present a presentation using LibreOffice on qubes. I'm
> not able to get into the presentation mode where I got the fullscreen
> presentation on the HDMI display and the presentation mode screen (current
> slide, next slide and comments) on the internal display.
>
> I assume this is because in the AppVM there is only one screen. Is there
> any way around this?
> Has anyone been able to get this working?
>
> Cheers,
> Fabio

Hi,

I have no experience with this use case, so this reply is purely
theoretical.

You will need to do something in the AppVM and something else in Dom0. This
is because the functionality that you are trying to use is spread across
those two VMs in the Qubes model.

In Dom0, you will at least need to tell the Display manager that there will
be more than one display. To do this, use the standard XFCE display
settings icon, which you can reach through the menu system. At the very
least, you need a tick in the checkbox for "configure new displays when
connected". Without this, Dom0 wil not acknowledge that there is more than
one display so cannot show different things on the respective displays.

Once you have enabled the second display in Dom0, go into your AppVM and do
what you normally do. I can't advise beyond that, except that if
LibreOffice gives you two windows you can maybe drag each one to where you
want it...

Finally, the other setting that is also called "presentation mode" coerns
the power settings, in order to stop the screen banking, or going into
screen saver, during the presentation. You may have a checkbox called
"presentation mode" in the battery status widget in the system tray -- if
not you will have to go into the Power Mannager in settings and select
"never" in the relevant places.

Not sure if that will help...
Good Luck

River~~