On 2020-01-23 04:08, Vít Šesták wrote:
*APL external email warning: *Verify sender qubes-users+bncbct5hvg33eerbeofuxyqkgqeaao4...@googlegroups.com before clicking links or attachments

Thank you! This has allowed me to mount the volume to a DVM, which has allowed me to fix the issue. Just running fsck in the DVM was enough to fix the issue.

Maybe I should create an issue (or find an existing one) for that.

Maybe we should just wrap that set of commands into a script to make it quick and easy?

Something like:

$ qvm-mount-lvm-image AppVM remote-mount-point thin-pool-volume-name1

Being a belt and suspenders kind, I would use it on a regular basis just to grab a diff for any changes to the persistent areas like /rw/usrLocal in specific internet facing VMs after shutdown.

If you ever have an AppVM get hacked, there are only so many places that offer persistence within an AppVM, so I would like to launch a dispvm every so often just to roll through each private volume to hash check that set of directories and compare the new checksums to any prior stored values. This way when something touches the /usr/local I will know about it.

It would also be a good idea to measure places like the users special areas like .config/ .local/bin looking specifically for executables that might be launched automatically without the users own knowledge.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'