thegroovinbuddh...@gmail.com:

>   Should I even bother trying to get this running or is it not worth doing
> and I should just give up on Qubes as way too difficult for someone like me?

Getting Qubes installed can sometimes be the hardest part of Qubes.
Getting non-walled garden OSes installed on Macs is an added hurdle. You
might be able to find something more Qubes compatible on
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/hcl/ and relatively inexpensively used or
for rent. Would be nice if you could download a VM with Qubes already
set up to be able to test drive it, but there are other considerations
there (Qubes and some hypervisors don't support nested virtualization,
Xen has to be recompiled to do so, etc.) You have to determine if it's
worth the effort, but it could take a few months of learning to see if
it can be done on your Mac unless some else happens to have tried with
your model.

--
- don't top post