fre. 31. jan. 2020 kl. 03.08 skrev M E <anneeyr...@gmail.com>:

> fre. 31. jan. 2020 kl. 03.02 skrev unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org>:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 12:52:19AM +0100, M E wrote:
>> > I have actually searched for the answer in the google group and on the
>> web
>> > before I posted the question.
>> >
>> > But couldn???t find an answer to the question.

>> Please stop posting at the top of the message. It's bad form on this
>> list, and makes it very difficult to follow the thread of any extended
>> argument.
>> Take just a few seconds to scroll to the bottom of the message before
>> typing your comments - it costs you seconds, and cumulatively saves your
>> fellows hours.
>>
>> Strangely, searching "rename user" in google groups, the FIRST entry
>> covers exactly this question, and provides an answer.
>> You should easily be able to find an answer to the additional question,
>> "How
>> do I add a new user" .
>> These are not Qubes problems.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20200131020225.GA22142%40thirdeyesecurity.org
>> .
>

> Okay.
>
> Yes, I haven’t tried searching for “rename user”.
>

>> Unman has answered this question before:

“One of the things that many users dont get is that Qubes is
just Linux/Xen under the hood.
So the answer to your question is (probably) "How do I rename a user
account in Linux", and the answer to *that* question is :
usermod -l new_name old_name

As `man usermod` will tell you, that ONLY changes the name - you probably
want to change the name of the home directory as well, but it isn't
strictly necessary.”

But is it possible... ?