On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 4:55:54 PM UTC+1, unman wrote:

> It would be helpful to know which packages you installed.
> When I do this I install the minimum set of packages needed.
> Fortunately, you do have a clone to fall back on.

I wasn't able to figure out yet what the minimum set of packages is.
The description of the individual packages is quite minimalistic and I
haven't yet found any information about what packages are required for what
functionality.

I already started building my work environment in a template based VM and I
don't plan to invest more time into integrating my old VM.
Thanks for your support anyway.