On Sat, Feb 29, 2020, 11:15 AM Ulrich Windl <
ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm very much confused with the Qubes OS clipboard:
> When trying to copy some text from a Temrinal, I mark the text with the
> mouse then press "Ctrl+Shift+C", and I get a confirmation that the text is
> copied.
> However when I try to paste the clipboard in another machine, the contents
> is not what I had marked.
> When I use the "Edit->Copy" menu in the Terminal after having marked the
> text, and then press "Ctrl+Shift+C" again, the correct text is put in the
> Qubes OS clipboard.
> Confusingly the Terminal displays the shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+C" for
> "Edit->Copy".
>
> Isn't that a highly confusing feature (slowing down productive work a lot
> IMHO)?
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/5E5A9C11020000A10003749A%40gwsmtp.uni-regensburg.de
> .

Qubes copy and paste from one vm to another is a multi step process.  First
"copy" in the source vm window using the vm's copy keys (may be ctl-c or
right click "copy" or "ctl-insert" depending on what you are running). This
places text in vm's buffer. Then ctl-shift-c to copy vm buffer to qubes
buffer. Then click in target vm window to give target vm "focus". Then
ctl-shift-v to paste from qubes buffer to target vm buffer. Then paste as
normal in target vm...may be ctl-v, shift-insert or other, again depending
on what you are running.