On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 01:21:47PM -0500, Chris Laprise wrote:

> You can also qualify the model somewhat and say that an attacker cannot
> successfully infect all of your (hopefully diverse) computers, so that makes

the diversity bit is important.
and if its mainly about validating a download, even the most
outdated/underpowered device should work.

http://blog.ptsecurity.com/2020/03/intelx86-root-of-trust-loss-of-trust.html

> system vendor like Insurgo or NitroKey that sell re-flashed systems and uses
> anti-interception measures (like tamper-evident packaging and signatures) in

i trust a randomly-bought chromebook more than any overpriced device
that has "we are so secure/paranoid we walk funny" as its main selling
point.