søndag den 15. marts 2020 kl. 07.34.40 UTC+1 skrev Frank Schäckermann:

> On 14. Mar 2020, at 21:06, 'M' via qubes-users
> qubes-users-at-googlegroups.com |qubes-mailing-list/Example Allow| <
> 8cpxf...@sneakemail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>

> How to get on the internet from within a Debian 10.3 HVM, when Debian says
> that it is connected to the network, but can't get on the internet by using
> Firefox from within the Debian HVM ?
>
> I have created the Debian HVM by first downloading the DVD 1 file from
> here: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/ to a
> VM. Then create a new HVM by using the GUI and boot the ISO-file from
> another VM.
>

> Is there a specific reason why you didn’t use the Debian template Qubes
> provides already? You can create a HVM from the Debian template and be all
> set...
>
> And the installation run successful (without internet connection)
> according to the installer. After the installation I logged in to Debian
> 10.3, and then set up the network by writing the correct IP, netmask and
> gateway address according to the same HVM's "Qube Settings". And I have
> pressed "On" in the menu bar so that Debian says that it is connected to
> the cable network. But I still can't get on the internet. For example if I
> open Firefox, and write "test" in the html field, Firefox tell me that it
> can't connect to the server. And it is from the same pc I'm making this
> thread, so Qubes OS is connected to the internet.
>
> I should probably also mention that I haven't installed any Qubes-tools
> yet. In case I should try that, please write which packages I shall install
> and where I can find them.
>
> So I would like some suggestions on what I shall do to get on the internet
> by using Firefox from within the Debian HVM ?
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/0e86d932-cfb1-4bbf-823b-4646aafd6d9c%40googlegroups.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/0e86d932-cfb1-4bbf-823b-4646aafd6d9c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

I installed Debian 10.3 in this way, because I would like to get a GUI of
the Debian OS with it's desktop, menus, etc. so that I could install
programs in Debian by using a GUI and also easier use its programs.

I read about instilling Debian as a OS in Qubes here:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/debian/ . But got the impression
that it was without a Debian desktop, menus, etc. as it isn't mentioned on
the page. But I may have got a wrong impression.

I have also looked here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/standalone-and-hvm/ .
But I didn't find anything about this either.

Therefore I tried to install Debian 10.3 in a HVM the same way other Linux
OS' would have to be installed in Qubes OS.

If I can install Debian 10.3 as a minimal OS with a desktop, menus, etc.
and get it on the internet from within the Debian HVM by installing Debian
OS in another way, I would certainly try it. Can I do that just by
following the guide on this page:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/debian/ or shall I also do some
other things and if so what ?