On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 9:25:27 PM UTC-5, unman wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:13:57PM -0700, arthur...@gmail.com
> <javascript:> wrote:
> >

> > The command you listed:
> > iifname "vif*" oifname "vif*" accept
> >
> > Is that a proper iptables rule, or are there placeholders in there that
> > need to change specific to my system? Since iptables syntax is rather
> > unclear to me, I want to be sure before I go running things in my
> > sys-firewall. Shouldn't it be something like this?
> > sudo iptables -A FORWARD -i "vif*" -o "vif*" -j ACCEPT
> >
> > Then, in each one of my client qubes, I would run something like this:
> > sudo iptables -I INPUT -i "vif*" -j ACCEPT
> >

> Sorry Arthur, that's nftables syntax.
> For iptables, you would want:
> `sudo iptables -I FORWARD -i "vif*" -o "vif*" -j ACCEPT`
> because you want that rule to PRECEDE the existing one that blocks
> traffic.
>
> For nftables I would rewrite the FORWARD chain and atomically rewrite it
> at
> sys-firewall startup.
> You can do this by using the scripts in /rw/config.

For posterity sake, this is what worked (please correct me if I'm adding
something that is incorrect or potentially dangerous). On sys-firewall, I
added this:
sudo iptables -I FORWARD 2 -s 10.137.0.0/24 -d 10.137.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT

Then, on each qube I want to allow network access, I added this:
sudo iptables -I INPUT -s 10.137.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT

It seems to work just fine. Thanks for your help, unman!