Qubes must be installed “bare metal”.  Nothing underneath it.    I have not
done so, I. believe  Ubuntu could be a guest OS.

Those error messages presume Qubes was installed first.   Beware Qubes can want
to take over the entirety of drives on computer.  Might not be mandatory with
the latest Qubes. As you can guess. Security mandates not having any thing else
on computer.