Please do us all a favor and clearly tell us what solved this. Meaning only try
one thing at a time.  I see a lot of posts like this.  I had the error message
and I can not tell you which I did to solve it.  But it is time to amass a data
base of what works. What causes error.

I have read that some say they started the target computer in UEFI mode.
(Secure Boot) and the install simply worked.

My laptop says it will try Legacy and then UEFI mode.  And I did several other
things at the same time, so I do not know.