On 4/12/20 5:20 PM, viktor.ransm...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello Qubes community,

I'm only a short-term user of Qubes-OS - and - I'm still struggling with all the details you have to know & understand.

*How could it be explained, that a package, which was manually installed into an freshly created AppVM, get's removed?*

I've tried to find an answer or explanation both in the Qubes - as well as - Fedora documentation myself, unfortunately without success.

Here's the timeline of the activities I performed in that particular AppVM:

###

    2020-04-10 ~ 12:45 - Install PHP & Composer

    2020-04-10 ~ 15:00 - Resolve the problem using the built-in web server

    <Next day>

    2020-04-11 ~ 16:10 - Read & execute the 'Installing Yii' section in 'The Definitive Guide to Yii2'

    * Unable to install Yii2, since PHP & Composer are no longer found :-(

    2020-04-11 ~ 16:50 - Analyze <?what?>

    * I guess it's time to learn / read more about 'DNF' ...

###

I did not further touch that AppVM, beside running a few DNF commands in order to understand the status a bit better ...

Any ideas, what might have happened to this Fedora 30-based AppVM - or - any pointers, what I could check/ do in order to resolve this issue?

With kind regards,

VR

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "qubes-users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/777b323f-0708-4f9f-99a6-af89747f9ac0%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/777b323f-0708-4f9f-99a6-af89747f9ac0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Hello Viktor,

I'm not so old as a Qubes user too, but as far as I understand, is you install a packet with dnf (fedora) or apt (debian) in your appVM, it will disapear once you turn off the AppVM.

To keep your package from one reboot to another, you have to start a terminal on the TemplateVM your AppVM is based on. Then you can add your package in the Template, power off the Template (don't forget this before next step) and start your AppVM.

This should work.

Kind regards,

Fred.