On 2020-04-10 16:49, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Stumpy:
I recently made a fedora 30 based standalone VM so i wouldnt have to
goop up my templates with some employer-required programs.

It was working fine for a day or two but earlier today I sat down and
wasnt able to start any programs up in this standalown vm?
I hhave tried from the appfinder menu nada. from the "run command in
qube" option in the qubes manager, nada. and from a dom0 terminal
"qvm-run -u root StandaloneVM xterm", nada.

The vm will start up, and I am able to update it via the update option
but i cant seem to open any application in this VM. As this is for work
I really do need to access it but am not sure what to try next?

sudo xl console StandaloneVM

oops. only relied to awokd (sorry).
repost:

Thanks,
gave it a try and either i am misunderstanding the command or something else?

[sam@dom0 ~]$ sudo xl console miffed
miffed is an invalid domain identifier (rc=-6)