Guerlan:

> Can you tell me more about what is QEMU/stubdomain? Do you know of any
> reasons for them to not compile xen with efi boot support?

I meant to say libvirt (https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Libvirt) more than
QEMU. Qubes uses libvirt calls to interact with Xen. Sometimes Xen
specific functionality (possibly OVMF as an example) aren't coded into
libvirt, so Qubes can't use that functionality without direct Xen calls.
I think they try to avoid those, in general. On top of that, the Qubes
utilities may not surface the option, even if it's available in Libvirt.
Different hard drive controllers are an example. It can be added, but
would take a programmer to add it to the layers.

--
- don't top post