On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 10:21:51PM -0700, Foppe de Haan wrote:
> Firefox crashes a lot for me too, with 7GB ram assigned, mostly on reddit,
> youtube pages. Makes it nearly unusable.

For the record, I don't have this problem with 800 maxmem on a 16GB
machine. That's with stock firefox on Fedora, and somewhat modified Ff
on Debian 10 minimal template.
The only add-ons I use are combinations of Privacy Badger, No Script,
canvas defender.
Tor Browser is solid.

Very occasionally I see a situation where I have a ghost tab, and the
other tabs grind slowly, but this is recoverable and only happens where
I have stupid numbers of qubes open with displays - that is, not where I
just have qubes open.

Doesn't help any one, but a different perspective.

On OP's original question, you can use:
`qvm-prefs <qube> maxmem XX` in dom0