On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 07:53:53PM +0000, 'Zsolt Bicskey' via qubes-users wrote:
> Network setup: pfsense router + Unif Switch
>
> I have two NICs on the server runninq Qubes. On one I want the nework to
> conect to the main LAN via DHCP and get out that way (that's done and working
> like charm).
>
> On the other NIC I want a separate gateway (sys-net) and separate firewall
> going through a VLAN out to the internet. pfsense and switch is setup
> properly. If I connect a Windows laptop to that dedicated port it works. It
> does not work on Qubes:
>
> I cloned the main firewall named it to pentest-firewall. I cloned the main
> gateway name it to pentest-gw. If I point the pentest-firewall to the main-gw
> everything works but then I am reaching the internet from the wrong NIC. But
> if I point the pentest-firewall at the pentest-gw there is no internet. I
> assigned the NIC to the pentest-gw. I see the mac address but I am not
> getting IP via DHCP. If I set the IP manually then I see on the switch the
> dedicated port cycles every 2 seconds between off / on?? / blocked. Either
> way I cannot access the internet.
>
> What am I missing?

Without a lot more information, it's difficult to say.
Have you checked that the new qube has necessary firmware?
Is the NIC on the pentest-gw working correctly?
Does it work when connected to the port currently used by main-gw?
Set the VLAN correctly?
Set all parameters necessary to satisfy any port security on the switch?