On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 12:19:02AM +0100, lik...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As salt is the recommended way to manage the Appms and templates, I'm trying
> to do so.
>
> I successfully managed to create a top-script:
>
> base:
>  dom0:
>   - match: nodegroup
>   - create-template
>   - create-appvm-for-template
>
>  'created-template':
>    - install-pkgs
>    - modify_config
>    - require: dom0
>
> Unfortunately, the script fails on the first run, because step 2. requires
> step 1. done. "Require" seems not to work here. After the second run,
> everything is fine.
>
> Any hints highly appreciated. :)
>
> Best, P

A top file is used for *targeting* - it maps hosts/groups and
configurations/states that should apply.
`Requires` is a condition between states, so should be used in *state*
files. (I didn't even know it could be used in a top file)

Put the require statement in one of your state files. (Look how it's
treated in the whonix state files.)

unman