On 2020-06-28 23:23, Dave C wrote:
> I'd like to
>

> sudo apt remove yum
> |

> because the yum files in /etc/bash_completion.d/ break things for fossil
> (autocomplete appends a space instead of slash after directories when running
> fossil).
>
> However, apt warns the following:
>

> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates qubes-vm-recommended yum yum-utils
>

> A) Is it safe to remove qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates and
> qubes-vm-recommended from a debian template?
>
> Also, apt tells me that autoremove would further remove quite a few packages,
> including several from qubes:
>

>   qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root qubes-gpg-split
>   qubes-img-converter qubes-input-proxy-sender qubes-mgmt-salt-vm-connector
>   qubes-pdf-converter qubes-thunderbird qubes-usb-proxy

When building normal template, we add a meta-package called
qubes-vm-recommended which is responsible to pull above dependencies and
notably qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates, which itself requires yum and yum-util.
You can safely remove it if you don't use debian template as "UpdateVM" in
Qubes global preferences.