On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 11:41:57PM -0700, pr0xy wrote:
> On 2020-07-15 09:28, pr0xy wrote:
> > I have been running R3.2 for about as long as I can. Time to upgrade to
> > R4.0.x
> >
> > Original 2017 thread where I got this working in R3.2:
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/K_etKdhnqLA/KyJ16z8JCwAJ
> >
> > It appears that some of the R3.2 tweaks I used to get Qubes to work
> > nicely with my corporate proxy are no longer valid in 4.0.x. To
> > summarize, my company network has a very restrictive proxy that forces
> > internet traffic through an HTTP/HTTPS proxy like:
> >
> > proxy.example.com:8080
> >
> > In R4.0.x how and where would I set this proxy for the Qubes Updates
> > Proxy? sys-net? sys-firewall? TemplateVMs?
>
> If I understand the documentation correctly...
> https://qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-domu/#updates-proxy
> we have TinyProxy running in sys-net, and this proxy is used for
> TemplateVM updates.
>
> In the default R4.0.3 install, sys-net is based on a Fedora 30 template.
> In the fedora-30 templateVM I tried editing
> /etc/tinyproxy/tinyproxy.conf to add the IP of my company's HTTP proxy
> as the upstream proxy
>
> Upstream http 10.0.0.1:8080
>
> That does not seem to work.

It would be helpful if you said in what way it does not seem to work.

Check in dom0, the contents of /etc/qubes-rpc/policy/qubes.UpdatesProxy,
to make sure which qube is acting as the proxy.
Check in a template if you are using sources with http:// or https:// -
look in /etc/yum.repos.d or /etc/apt/sources.list as appropriate
Confirm that you have DNS resolving in whichever qube is acting as
proxy.

Report back.