Logic would dictate that an update is pushed to the all affected VM.  But, what I am now concerned with is the update packages that might be altered in transit from ISP.

**Side note, I came to Qubes because I was not satisfied with the security protocols offered by MS OS.**

I will try updating from the terminal session.  can you correct me on the command:

user@VM $ sudo update ???????   (are update commands package specific)

Bizarrely, I've seen some VM are now labeled localhost?

I am concerned about the file system corruption.  How can I change the system, or should I attempt a new install?

Thanks,