I created a offline and watching only (Electrum) bitcoin wallet as describes in the Qubes docs, https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/split-bitcoin/, but I wanted to find out of I did something wrong or if what I am seeing is in fact correct.

If I look at my watching only wallet at the bottom right of the Electrum window there is a red icon indicating network status. I expected this icon to be green since this wallet is supposed to be watching, no?

The watching only wallet uses sys-whonix as its netVM.

In additiona, if someone could confirm to me that what I am doing is correct. I created a new transaction on the receiving tab of the watching only wallet and then used the QR code generated by this to receive bitcoin, but I have not received anything. Am I just impatient or was I not supposed to do this in my watching only wallet? Not sure if this is related to my above question of the network status not being green.

I am a complete Bitcoin noob. Any help with this will be very much appreciated.