On Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 00:15:08 UTC+8 Robert Spigler wrote:

> This is the real solution for the Intel problem :)
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4318
>
> I believe IBM stated they also have protections against the Rowhammer
> attacks

 I'm all for having Qubes on ppc64 but I think the problem is how rare the
hardware seems to be. With ARM, at least they're common; ppc laptops aren't
even a thing.

My view is that you can get ppc-PCs from places like Raptor Computing, but
A) they almost always have to be shipped (opening it up to targeted
interdiction) and B) there are so few places with them available that the
risk of vendor/retailer compromise is massive. This doesn't seem likely to
change anytime soon (or ever).

But I'm probably missing something, since someone who is almost certainly
more knowledgeable than I am (I'm not technical) found it worth paying a
2btc bounty for