On Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 2:31:25 AM UTC-5 a...@qubes-os.org wrote:

> On 11/7/20 11:24 PM, Shawn Creighton wrote:
> >

> > On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 11:55:47 PM UTC-5 a...@qubes-os.org
> wrote:

> >> get:

> >> the
> >> Qubes.

> >> fedora.
> >>>

> >> Make sure you're running this command in dom0, not in a TemplateVM.
> >>
> >> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/#installing
> >>

> > The terminal I am running from the upper left corner menu says dom0
> > When I run the command it says: Using sys-whonix as UpdateVM to download
> > updates for Dom0; this may take some time
> > But then the cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> > repository: fedora. error
> >

> Based on your other posts in addition to this, it sounds like there may
> be a problem with your internet connection, proxy settings, or UpdateVM.
> Can you access the internet normally from, e.g., a web browser in an
> AppVM?
>
> --
> Andrew David Wong (Axon)
> Community Manager, Qubes OS
> https://www.qubes-os.org

Internet is working ok in all AppVm.
I tried updating a qube by clicking the UpdateVM blue arrow in Qubes
Manager and I get: Curl error (56): failure when receiving data from
peer....[Received HTTP code 500 from proxy after Connect]
Someone said something about using a VPN to get around it but that's a
whole other issue to get that working
I also read a post about editing something so the repositories use a http
connection rather than https but haven't tried that