lik...@gmx.de:
Hi!

I've built my sys-usb now on a fedora32 template and a dvm setup (according to this manual: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/disposablevm-customization/). Every usb-device works fine except the built-in camera. The camera is being detected during sys-usb-dvm startup, but when I try to connect it to another AppVM, I receive the message:

"Attaching device MyDevice to AppVm failed. Error: QubesException - Device attach failed: No device info received, connection failed, check backend side for details."

When I switch back my usb controller to the original sys-usb, I can use my camera by attaching it to AppVMs.

1. What is meant by backend? Is this the sys-usb or the AppVM I'm trying the camera attach to? Which log should I look at?
2. Any ideas how to resolve that issue or how to investigate?

Best, P

Was your original sys-usb also based on fed32, and can you attach other usb devices to AppVMs or do they all fail the same way? If not, it could be a difference in drivers between fed32 and what you were using previously. Also, double-check you have both qubes-usb-proxy and qubes-input-proxy-sender installed in your template.

--
- don't top post