On 1/29/21 4:35 PM, Jinoh Kang wrote:
> FWIW this patch only fixes the issue related to the "failed to submit
> rendering commands (Bad address)" message and nothing more.
>
> If the issue starts to manifest without such message in the Xorg server
> log, then it is highly likely to be platform-specific.

I am not really sure if experimented that problem before the patch.

>> Also I had a crash when waking up from suspend (I did not
>> have one in months or maybe never on this laptop). After the crash I did
>> three or four suspend/resume cycles without problems.
>
> This is a news to me.  Has this issue been submitted to the tracker?
> If not, can you post it there?

As I saw in the IRC channel last kernels seem pretty unstable, better I
will wait when I have some reliable way for reproducing and some useful log.

>> Today I am testing 5.10.8 and it seems working smooth, better than
>> 5.4.83. Sadly I tried to suspend/resume before sending this email and it
>> crashed. Then I did it again 4 o 5 five times without problems.
>
> You can collect panic and oops logs with a kernel that has
> CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE enabled.  If you don't already have one, you may
> build qubes-linux-kernel via qubes-builder with the following line
> added to `config-qubes`:
>
>     CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE=y
>
> After booting the kernel, subsequent panic and oops will be recorded
> in EFI variables, which will then appear as /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-efi-*
> at the next boot.  Also note that the logs may be split into multiple
> parts that are numbered in a reversed order.  For more information, see
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/pstore-blk.html

"CONFIG_EFI_VARS_PSTORE=y" seems set by default for kernels 5.10.X, now
I am running 5.4.91 (which I guess that has it disabled) and I can see
an empty '/sys/fs/pstore/' directory.

I will try to run the latest kernel again and look for when a crash occurs.