Am 02.03.21 um 01:21 schrieb 'awokd' via qubes-users:
> For 1 & 2, have you attempted the steps under
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb-qubes/#manual-setup ?
>
> 3 Does your VPN provider support OpenVPN? It's better. If so,
> https://github.com/QubesOS-contrib/qubes-tunnel is probably the best
> approach. Otherwise, try
> https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes-users@googlegroups.com/msg02913.html.
>
> 4 Unknown
>
> 5 Only fix I can think of might be to switch the desktop from xfce to
> something like i3, but haven't attempted that.

1&2: I had a look into that but did not try yet as I was afraid of
breaching the security of dom0, but if it is the only workaround
possible I might take that risk.
Would https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb-qubes/#automatic-setup do the same?
Further I am not sure if that will solve the keyboard layout problem or
has a potential to make things worse?

3: My VPN Provider reccommends IKEv2 strongswan but PPTP is mentioned as
well and worked fine using Ubuntu. After PPTP failed I tried strongswan
with a debian VM but although the connection seems to work for a few
moments (not really, but it just displays a notification the connection
was established succesfully) and then displays an error message the
connection failed.
The providers reply was the default-route might not point to the
VPN-Interface, which seems to be the case referring to the output of 'ip
route'.

5 As far as I understood Qubes is quite bound to xfce as a desktop
environment at the moment and problems might occur when switching,
therefore I am not keen to try this.
Would it be safe to use "Session and Startup" of dom0 to autostart
Applications and is there a command to assign a workspace to each
specific App or restore the session (tried ticking the option but no
changes)?