On 3/19/21 4:35 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 03:42:23PM -0700, Andrew David Wong wrote:
On 3/19/21 3:12 PM, Vít Šesták wrote:
It seems to have been fixed now. The dom0 updates have passed. The DomU
Fedora updates have succeeded with updating the macros.qubes file, which is
supposingly the workaround by Qubes team.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'

I now realize that we neglected to state, in the QSB, what the desired
result from updating Fedora-based TemplateVMs and StandaloneVMs should be. I
presume this is it:

   ----------
             ID: /usr/lib/rpm/macros.d/macros.qubes
       Function: file.managed
         Result: True
        Comment: File /usr/lib/rpm/macros.d/macros.qubes updated
        Started: <time>
       Duration: <duration>
        Changes:
                 ----------
                 diff:
                     New file
   ----------
             ID: dnf-makecache
       Function: cmd.script
         Result: True
        Comment: DNF cache successfully created
        Started: <time>
       Duration: <duration>
        Changes:
   ----------

Marek or Demi, can you confirm?

Yes this seems right (in subsequent runs, the
/usr/lib/rpm/macros.d/macros.qubes state will not have "New file"
comment, but will still have "Result: True").
Below you should also see a summary with "Failed: 0".

Thanks, that is indeed the output I received.

However, on a few update attempts, I saw this:

      Function: cmd.script
        Result: False
       Comment: Could not create DNF metadata cache
       Started: <time>
      Duration: <duration>
       Changes:
  ----------
            ID: update
      Function: pkg.uptodate
        Result: False
       Comment: One or more requisite failed: update.qubes-vm.dnf-makecache
       Started: <time>
      Duration: <duration>
       Changes:

Subsequent attempts were successful (had the expected output), though.

--
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS