Hi,

I am trying to install Qubes (release 4.04) on my ACER Swift SF315-51G
laptop.

 I think the issues comes from the dual video cards and UEFI from what I
could read.

 When I try the installation, I get a first screen of text, then last
display line is : *“XEN is relinquishing VGA console”* and the screen turns
black.

 I am creating the USB boot disk as per Qubes instructions with RUFUS
(v3.13) in Win 10.

 I have tried:

   - 2 different USB keys (verbatim 8GB and samsung 32GB)
   - In bootx64.cfg, I’ve commented out both *“#noexitboot=1”* and
   *“#mapbs=1”* => this takes me to another screen but then I get stuck at
   multiple lines of *: “localhost dracut-initqueue[545]: Warning:
   dracut-initqueue timeout - starting timeout scripts"* And then it times
   out and stops.
   - In my BIOS (latest v1.06), I do not have access to modify either
    secure boot or UEFI boot to Legacy (Thanks Acer), so I cannot try
   troubleshoots I have seen with these modified.
   - Plugging a monitor via HDMI, no change

I am a bit at a loss and inexperienced when it comes to Linux

Anything else I can try?

Regards

B.