On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 10:55:46AM +0000, Stumpy wrote:

> On 2021-06-17 07:42, Sven Semmler wrote:
> > Do you have a notification daemon installed? If unsure, install and
> > run dunst and see if it works then.
>
> Thanks. I pretty much installed the packages listed as being needed for
> centos minimal to function as a proxy [1], one of them being
> "notification-daemon" which I assumed was what was needed. I went back
> and double checked that I had it installed and it was:

You know, minimal templates come with a health warning for a reason.
They expect, (and often require) a level of understanding and
experience.

Important

    The Minimal TemplateVMs are intended only for advanced users. If
    you encounter problems with the Minimal TemplateVMs, we recommend
    that you use their standard TemplateVM counterparts instead.

    If something works with a standard TemplateVM but not the minimal
    version, this is most likely due to user error (e.g., a missing
    package or misconfiguration) rather than a bug. In such cases, please
    do not file a bug report. Instead, please see Help, Support, Mailing
    Lists, and Forum for the appropriate place to ask for help. Once
    you have learned how to solve your problem, please contribute what
    you learned to the documentation.

Make sure that everything works in a standard template, and then look to
see what relevant packages are installed there compared to what you have,
and then check back here.