On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 07:15:22PM -0500, Sven Semmler wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I don't have the time currently to figure this out and send you a working
> solution. So instead I'll share things I know:
>
> 1) if you inquire the window property "_QUBES_VMNAME" of the active window,
> you'll get the name of the qube
>
> 2) you should be able to get to this with wmctrl or maybe xdotool
>
> Then write a little bash script in dom0 and hook it up to a shortcut, is
> what I think.
>
> Good luck!
>
> /Sven

Here's a script that does exactly this.
Edit it to do something with $QUBE.
Associate it with a shortcut.

```
#!/bin/bash
ID=`xdotool getwindowfocus`
QUBE=`xprop _QUBES_VMNAME -id $ID|cut -f2 -d\" `
if [[ "$QUBE" == "_QUBES_VMNAME:  not found." ]]; then
  exit
else
# Do something with $QUBE
fi
```

The if clause is to exclude dom0 windows, but you could adapt that if
you *do* want action in dom0.

unman