Bernhard:
Dear qubes-community,

I would like to modify the qubes-iso (add a different kernel, maybe add
a wireless driver). Did someone here solve that already? A brief google
on the subject reveals that modifying ISO's is not straightforward ...
and touching the kernel may add extra difficulties.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-iso-building/ covers building the iso. Adding a different kernel would be difficult, but I think you could stage the wireless driver in one of the template builds it contains.

--
- don't top post