Peter Funk:

So for the moment I've given up any hope that I could use my builtin
bluray drive of my laptop in Qubes-OS to work with any optical media.

The next thing I tried was to plug an external USB optical
drive into one of the USB ports.

This also appears fine in the device manager menu similar to the builtin
optical drive before when I put a audio media into that one.

I can assign this sys-usb:sr0 device to the qube with the gnome sound
juicer application installed.

However this will not work either, because the virtual block device
(/dev/xvdi in my case) appears not have some magical properties of
a real audio cdrom this application seems to expect.

USB drive may be accessible to apps run within sys-usb, which is a bit better than running them in dom0.

--
- don't top post