Dennis,

As long as you do not use the kernel at other than 100 Hz, things should
go well. If you do use the kernel at 250 Hz, you should check the
overshoot of the impulse response; it will probably be in the 10-15
percent range, which is not good.

It's easy to fix the problem with the kernel and on previous occasions
folks have patched the Linux kernel to workm even with Hz 1000 Hz. As
proof, note the Digital RISC has Hz 256 and the Alpha has Hz 1024. As
the Linux kernelmongers seem to have little interest in fixing this and
related problems with ntpd, my suggested workaround is to use FreeBSD.

Dave