In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aggie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But the weird thing is: NTPD will adjust the time on the client half
> way between the server and 1970 Jan 1. For example, if the clock on my

What is weird is that the reply from your server is accepted.  Once it
is accepted, nearly -19  years is the correct adjustment, according to the
formula that NTP uses to compensate for processing and propagation
delays.

You will, I think, find that ntpq  peers shows a delay and offset both of
which are about 19 years in magnitude.  If you cannot
run ntpq peers against the Windows server, other than as a result of
restrict lines, you probably aren't using ntpd, so the bug report will
have to go to someone else.