Danny Mayer wrote:
[]
> No, you extract the openssl files to a directory at the same level as
> ntp. Then you read the INSTALL.W32 file for instructions on how to
> build openssl. I don't build with the assembler code.

Danny, thanks for your "encouragement" - I did do all this, of course, but
I will pursue this further.

>> I find this in so many C/C++ projects - warnings which the author
>> says to "ignore those".  But the missing Lib file is a fatal error.
>> I really would prefer not to write this off, so can you please:
>>

> Had you actually built the openssl code first you would not have
> gotten that error.
[]
> Danny

That error, perhaps, but there are dozens of warnings when  you compile,
making it impossible to judge what success you have had.  I come from a
background where we expect software to compile with a "zero errors, zero
warnings" result.