>>> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Dennis Hilberg, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> writes:

Dennis> I understand
Dennis> that 'options PPS_SYNC' needs to be added to the kernel config file,
Dennis> and that the kernel then needs to be recompiled.  However, he
Dennis> includes a comment from Harlan Stenn stating that 'include GENERIC',
Dennis> 'ident PPS-GENERIC', and 'options PPS_SYNC' need to be added to the
Dennis> file /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/PPS . This file doesn't exist on my
Dennis> system.  Do I need to create the file from scratch with those items
Dennis> in it, or is it something that is created after the kernel
Dennis> recompile?

You need to create the file, then you build the PPS kernel (I do this by
setting "KERNCONF=PPS GENERIC" in /etc/make.conf (if I want both the GENERIC
and PPS kernels built, but the first one in the list is the one that gets
installed).

When somebody gets a chance, it would be useful to flesh out

 http://support.ntp.org/Support/KernelConfigurationForNTP

--
Harlan Stenn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!