Rick Jones wrote:
> Rick Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Here is what I have now that I've dropped the minpoll from the server
>> and dropped LOCAL:
>
>> peer bl480c2 minpoll 3 maxpoll 4 iburst
>> server 10.208.0.1 iburst
>> server 10.0.0.1
>> server 10.202.1.1
>
> Scratch that - I commented-out the last two servers.
>
> rick jones

Don't do that. You need at *least* 4 servers listed here. Two is very
bad since you have very few ways of telling which clock is better. peer
is useful for comparing how other systems are doing but it will
sometimes discipline your system clock if nothing better is available.
You should use iburst on all lines to speed up initial convergence to a
stable state.

If this is one of your neverending testing workbenches consider getting
one of HP's clocks (or is it owned by Agilent now?). Even better, a
cesium clock!

Danny