> The odd thing is, the GPS 18 LVC ran fine for a few weeks with the
receiver
> inside, when it suddenly stopped getting any signal.  After that, I
mounted
> it on a bracket about a foot outside the window, where it ran fine for
about
> three months.  Now the signal is intermittent, although most of the time
it
> is not synced.

> If I power-cycle the unit, it syncs for about 5 - 10 minutes, then loses
> signal.  Sometimes it will sync again, sometimes it won't.  But it's
always
> intermittent.  So it's apparent that it does get signal but it's weak.

> Dennis Hilberg, Jr.      timekeeper(at)dennishilberg(dot)com
> NTP Server Information:  http://saturn.dennishilberg.com/ntp.php

Dennis,
Have you considered that the unit itself may be defective, Granted it "used"
to work, but that doesn't mean it will last forever. It is a massed produced
and rather inexpensive unit, I would think ordering a new unit would be
cheaper than the time and labor of stringing wire all over the place.

Just a thought,
Phil