Hal Murray wrote:
>> When I wrote that I was unaware of the html page.  I'm a Unix guy and I
>> generally don't even consider looking for html docs - I am used to (and
>> expect) man pages.
>
> Me too.
>
> Would it help to ship dummy man pages that just pointed to
> the html documentation?

Can I just get my vote in (even though my non-membership of the ntpd
development community puts me into the whiner-not-worker category)?

I really hate being sent from left to  right in search of documentation.
This includes stub man pages pointing me at html or info pages. Ideally
I'd want to be able to select the documentation format on a system I'm
responsible for myself (i.e. as a policy decision on my end).

This issue also goes beyond the mere format of the documentation, even
in case I am forced to accept multiple document formats. Searching the
documentation installed on a system gets more difficult in this case.
For example, the apropos tool won't search anything but man pages.

Cheers, Jan