Once upon a time, Richard B. Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>Forget the USB.  USB has unpredictable latencies that make it a poor
>choice for timing.

The way I finally got mine working in a stable setup was to use USB for
the NMEA statements and put the PPS signal over a pin on the parallel
port (using shm_splc2 to get the PPS from there to ntpd) since I didn't
have an available serial port.

This way I also don't need another power source.
--
Chris Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>