Hi,

noosh wrote:
> Hi again
>
> this is my first time that i have to work with ADAM 4577. it is 1 port
> universial serial gateway.now it is like this
>
> GPS ----------------->ADAM 4577 --------------------------------->PC1
>            serial Port                             LAN
>
> unfortunatelly PC cann't find  ADAM as its NTP Server. has anyone work
> with this ADAM 4577?

As far as I can see ADAM 4577 ist just a serial-to-LAN converter which lets
you access devices across the network which provide only a serial interface
by their own.

Normally such devices come with a driver which emulate a serial port at the
PC put communicate with the converter across the LAN, and the converter
sends and receives the characters to/from the device's real serial port.

Neither the GPS nor the ADAM are NTP servers, so why should a client find
it?

What might be possible is to configure the local NTP daemon to read the
"serial" ref clock via the converter's emulated port. However, this
introduces much jitter since the real communication goes across the LAN
instead directly to the GPS device.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki