Danny,

That snapshot is older than I thought. That particular botch of code
along with other botches was vulnerable to whimsical errors, like server
leap bits popping up and down or leapsecond file update. The current
code here can leap at the end of any month, which seems to be the
prevailing view of the standards folks. However, I can't find
confirmation at the IERS site.

Dave