Danny Mayer wrote:
> Evandro Menezes wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that it's possible to run both NTP and W32TIME at the
>> same time on the same Windows system provided that only NTP is used to
>> keep the clock under discipline and W32TIME is used solely to provide
>> the time for the domain workstations.
>>

> No, this is untrue. They both use the 123/UDP port. You cannot have more
> than one application listening on the socket. Furthermore they cannot
> both discipline the clock.

Evandro had implicitely stated what to do to prevent w32time from
disciplining the system time, so ntpd would be the only one to discipline
the system time.

Of course they still can't both open port 123, so the result should be what
David Wooley has mentioned in his reply.

Martin

--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren