>> Martin Burnicki wrote:
>>
>>> Setting up peers requires that the admins of the involved machines
>>> are willing to do so, since peers can ask the other peers to change
>>> their time.

NTP is a time pulling protocol.  Peers make use of the time on the other
peer as one term in the estimation of their time error, but the other
peer doesn't demand that they use that time, and when it is used, it can
be diluted by other information about the time.

I think you may understand this, but the idea that a server sets the
time on a client is one of the more common NTP misconceptions.