>>I haven't seen that problem since I added
>>  clocksource=acpi_pm
>>on the boot time parameters.
>
>What version of the kernel do you have? 2.6.17 does not have clocksource
>parameter or an acpi_pm option. Is there anywhere where these different
>clock parameters are defined?

I'm using 2.6.23.  Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt says:

        clocksource=    [GENERIC_TIME] Override the default clocksource
                        Format: <string>
                        Override the default clocksource and use the clocksource
                        with the name specified.
                        Some clocksource names to choose from, depending on
                        the platform:
                        [all] jiffies (this is the base, fallback clocksource)
                        [ACPI] acpi_pm
                        [ARM] imx_timer1,OSTS,netx_timer,mpu_timer2,
                                pxa_timer,timer3,32k_counter,timer0_1
                        [AVR32] avr32
                        [X86-32] pit,hpet,tsc,vmi-timer;
                                scx200_hrt on Geode; cyclone on IBM x440
                        [MIPS] MIPS
                        [PARISC] cr16
                        [S390] tod
                        [SH] SuperH